Subrogation in Fire and Explosions Claims
Keis George pursues fire and explosion subrogation claims arising from large commercial and personal fires caused by the faulty design or manufacture of a product or negligence. These losses range from several thousand dollars for house fires to multi-million dollars for commercial properties. We litigate these matters on behalf of our insurance company clients in state and federal courts throughout the Midwest. We pursue the following fire and explosion subrogation matters:
- Defective household appliances;
- Defective commercial appliances; ;
- Gas leaks and explosions;
- Improper torched-down roofing;
- Installation of cellulose insulation;
- Liquidated damages and limitation of liability;
- Electrical fires;
- Chimney fires;
- Expert proficiency in NFPA 921, Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigations;
- Dwelling code violations; and
- Utility and location services.
The collaborative partnership between attorney and expert allows the team to determine the cause and origin of the fire and explosions claim, and ultimately subrogation potential. Because the attorney is involved from the beginning, they have a superior understanding of the facts of the loss – as opposed to getting involved in the insurance claim after findings are established and a report is made.
Subrogation Fire ClaimsInvestigation of an explosion or fire can be expensive and time-consuming. Protecting the scene of the loss is important because it preserves evidence, reduces the spread of harmful misinformation, and may eliminate a defense of spoliation or tampering by adverse parties. Failure to properly secure a scene can cause significant hurdles when trying to recover on a loss. One of the ways that Keis George maximizes recovery potential is through our Early Involvement Strategy.
Subrogation Explosion Claims and Scene InvestigationEarly Involvement is a strategic, investigative process in which our attorneys use every resource at their disposal in an attempt to recover on your claim. When a loss is reported to Keis George, our attorneys make immediate preparations to investigate the loss onsite while our paralegals acknowledge and set up the claim. Once onsite, our subrogation claim lawyers use various tactics to help recover on your claim. Tactics include but are not limited to:
- Choosing the right expert(s);
- Protecting the integrity of the scene and preserving evidence;
- Identifying and interviewing key targets and witnesses;
- Canvassing the area for additional parties of interest;
- Placing third parties on notice;
- Coordinating joint scene examinations; and
- Obtaining fire reports, 911 tapes, and meeting with investigators.
Experienced Subrogation Lawyers in Chicago, Illinois
At Keis George, we have the resources to confront complex fire and explosion claims, provide highly personalized attention, and offer a competitive fee structure. You may expect superior case management, information security, and most importantly, increased recoveries. Allow Keis George to redefine what it means to recover your money faster. Contact one of our litigation attorneys to learn how we may resolve your fire subrogation claims.